ISLE ROYALE - 5 DAY TRIP:
Wild berries, wolves, moose, otters. Isle Royale is not only the nation’s only island National Park, but it is also one of the least visited, yet most revisited national parks. For good reason, it is wilderness paradise.
Review the provided packing checklist, throw your necessities in a bag and meet your fellow hikers on Isle Royale. Don't have the essentials? No worries, we've got you covered on the key backpacking gear! We provide the food, fun, and knowledge you need to survive and thrive in the outdoors. Bring your sense of adventure and curiosity to learn. We'll spend the weekend hiking, eating, learning and sharing all the goods of the great outdoors. Once your feet are tired, your lungs are clear, your eyes have seen, your brain is jammed packed, your sense of adventure has awakened, your heart is full - we'll hop on the boat and head home.
- Reconnect with your breath and the breath of the woods, river and wildlife.
- Camp under the stars in the beautiful backcountry.
- Learn all the necessary backpacking and outdoor skills you could need from NOLS trained High Five Tribe leaders.
- Experience the diverse landscape of Northern Michigan.
- Transportation to/from the island is not included. You will need to purchase a ferry or seaplane ticket.
- Must be 18+
- Our trips require physical effort on your part. If the last year for you has been spent as a deep fried couch potato, we ask for you to spend a couple months getting back out there and moving around before signing up for a HFT trip.
- Our trips take place along trails with lots of different terrain and elevation. You'll be using your own legs to get yourself and all of your gear from the start to finish.
- Once you sign up you'll receive our Trip Application. Your space is not confirmed until this is completed.